- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Country folk, Christians dominate Show Me Center fall lineup
Godless rock 'n' roll has no place this fall at the Show Me Center, at least not yet.
As we creep closer and closer to cold weather, more and more entertainment options become reality at the Show Me Center. But they're not the kind that will attract college hipsters or fans of alt-rock.
So far the Show Me Center has booked Blue Collar comedian Ron White, Christian rockers Third Day and country up-and-comers Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood for its fall semester. Those acts are exactly the kind likely to sell well at the Show Me Center, but not because college kids will show up in droves to hear them (even though Paisley can wail on the guitar).
If you're in that hip crowd don't lose heart yet, though. The Show Me Center has had some acts in the past -- Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson -- that could satisfy your tastes. And there's still a long way to go before next summer's slow season.
Ron White -- Oct. 19
Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood -- Oct. 21
Third Day -- Nov. 5