- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Country folk, Christians dominate Show Me Center fall lineup
Godless rock 'n' roll has no place this fall at the Show Me Center, at least not yet.
As we creep closer and closer to cold weather, more and more entertainment options become reality at the Show Me Center. But they're not the kind that will attract college hipsters or fans of alt-rock.
So far the Show Me Center has booked Blue Collar comedian Ron White, Christian rockers Third Day and country up-and-comers Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood for its fall semester. Those acts are exactly the kind likely to sell well at the Show Me Center, but not because college kids will show up in droves to hear them (even though Paisley can wail on the guitar).
If you're in that hip crowd don't lose heart yet, though. The Show Me Center has had some acts in the past -- Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson -- that could satisfy your tastes. And there's still a long way to go before next summer's slow season.
Ron White -- Oct. 19
Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood -- Oct. 21
Third Day -- Nov. 5