- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MATTHEWS, Mo. -- Joyce Anita Griffin, 66, of Matthews died Monday, Sept. 18, 2006, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
She was born March 16, 1940, in Southampton, N.Y., daughter of the Rev. Harry Edwin and Leeta Rice Simmons II.
Griffin lived most of her life in New Madrid County, Mo. She was employed by Division of Family Services in East Prairie, Mo., retiring Aug. 31, 2003. She was a member of First Church of God in East Prairie.
Survivors include her mother of Matthews; five daughters, Connie Thurmond and Lynn Davis of East Prairie, Colleen Freeland of Troy, Mo., Cheryle King of Sikeston, Mo., Aleta Trankler of Oran, Mo.; a brother, the Rev. H. Edwin Simmons III of Nashville, Tenn.; and 12 grandchildren.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at First Church of God in East Prairie, with Mike Worrell, Carrie Worrell and Larry Smith officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.