- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)30
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Melba Jolene Green, 68, of Jackson died Monday, Sept. 18, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 17, 1937, in Burfordville, daughter of Herbert and Iva Allen Thorne. She and Samuel L. Green were married Sept. 28, 1957.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Nancy Henderson of Hillsboro, Mo.; three sons, David Green of St. Peters, Mo., Michael and Daniel Green of St. Louis; her mother of Jackson; two sisters, Ella Mae Beard of Jackson, Joyce Uhles of St. Louis; a brother, Bud Thorne of Panama City, Fla.; 11 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father and a brother.
Friends may call Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be Friday at 10:30 a.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Huffman officiating. Committal service will be at 2:30 p.m. at Des Arc Cemetery in Des Arc, Mo.