- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BENTON, Mo. -- Virginia Magdaline Glaus, 87, of Benton died Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2006, at Chateau Girardeau Healthcare Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 30, 1919, in New Hamburg, Mo., daughter of William M. and Lucy H. Grojean LeGrand. She and Lawrence Glaus were married Sept. 21, 1939, at New Hamburg. He died July 7, 1990.
Mrs. Glaus was a member of St. Denis Catholic Church, its sodality and choir; Red Hat Society; past president of Benton Senior Citizens and American Legion Auxiliary.
Survivors include a son, Bill (Jill) Glaus of New Madrid, Mo.; three granddaughters, Gina Lowrey of Prairie Village, Kan., Heidi Glaus of St. Louis, Jodi Pingel of Ballwin, Mo.; three great-grandchildren, Logan and Garrett Lowrey and Jude Pingel; two brothers, Bill LeGrand of Cape Girardeau, Tony LeGrand of Sikeston, Mo.; a sister, Dorothy Hipes of Clarksville, Mo.; and a sister-in-law, Mildred LeGrand of Benton.
She was preceded in death by a son and daughter-in-law, Larry and Suzi Glaus of Benton; four brothers, and four sisters.
Friends may call at St. Denis Church from 5 to 8 p.m. today, with parish prayers at 6:30.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Rev. Normand Varone officiating. Burial will be in St. Denis Cemetery.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel at Benton is in charge of arrangements.