- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau City Council action 9/20/06
Cape Girardeau City Council action Monday
* Made proclamation for Neighborhood Nights Month.
* Made proclamation for Family Day - A Day to Eat Dinner With Your Children
* Accepted fee simple interest, permanent storm-water easements, temporary construction easements and a storm-water sewer easement from various property owners for the improvement of Bloomfield Road between Siemers Drive and Stonebridge Drive.
* Approved the record plat of The Highlands at Dalhousie -- Phase V.
* Levied a special assessment for the construction of a left turn lane on Route K at Notre Dame Drive in Cape Girardeau and authorizing the issuance of special tax bills therefor.
* Vacated a 15-foot sewer and utility easement at The Highlands of Dalhousie.
* Amended the city code relating to signs.
* Amended the city code by repealing stop signs on Frederick Street and amending Schedule E of Section 26-283 of the city code by enacting a four-way stop at Frederick and Bellevue streets.
* Amended the city code by repealing stop signs at Farrar Drive and Percy Drive, and amending Schedule E of Section 26-283 of the city code, by enacting a four-way stop at Farrar Drive and Percy Drive.
* Approved the record plat of Jansco's 1st Subdivision.
* Approved the record plat of Pat's Place Subdivision.
* Approved the record plat of Steven Roberts Subdivision.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a federal aid program agreement with the Missouri Department of Transportation for the Fountain Street project.
* Authorized the city manager to execute an agreement with Cotner Electric Co. Inc. for phase one of the downtown lighting project.
* Authorized application to the Missouri Housing Development Commission for home grant funding for the Good Hope-Bloomfield and Bloomfield-Jefferson Neighborhood Restoration projects and authorizing the city manager to execute all necessary grant documents.
* A resolution acknowledging receipt of annexation petitions from Whispering Oaks of Cape Girardeau and an annexation petition from NELFM and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexations.
* Made appointment to the Board of Examiners.
* Gave conditional approval of three temporary liquor license for Donald Ganim City of Roses Music Heritage Association for an event to be held Sept. 29 and 30 in downtown Cape Girardeau.
* Gave conditional approval of an original package liquor and Sunday sales license for Rhodes 101 Stop, 546 S. Sprigg St.