- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Jackson Board of Aldermen action 9/20/06
Jackson Board of Aldermen action Monday
* Held a hearing to consider the rezoning of approximately 2.0 acres of property at 243 County Road 318 from R-1 district to C-2 district as submitted by Gregory Abbott.
Power and light committee
* Authorized a contractual agreement with Pepsi MidAmerica regarding advertising and beverage availability rights at the Jackson Soccer Park.
* Accepted the 2006 electric rate study as prepared by Burns and McDonnell.
* Amended Chapters 41 and 59 of the code of ordinances regarding electric rates.
* Accepted the dedication of a sanitary sewer easement deed from Robert and Gladys Nitsch.
* Tabled the ordinance to rezone approximately 2.0 acres of property at 243 County Road 318 from R-1 district to C-2 district as submitted by Gregory Abbott.
* Accepted the bid of Kluesner Construction Inc. of Kelso, Mo., in the amount of $558,256 regarding the East Main Street Extension Project, phase two.
* Authorized a contractual agreement with Kluesner Construction Inc. regarding the East Main Street Extension Project, phase two.
* Accepted the dedication of a utility and storm-water drainage easement deed from P.B. Properties LLC.
* Approved the minor plat of Green Meadows Commercial Park No. 2 as submitted by Appleton Valley Farm Inc.
* Approved the minor plat of a resubdivision of lot 57 of Pioneer Orchard Third Subdivision as submitted by John and Donna Lichtenegger and Robert and Mary McClary.