- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Joyce Evelyn "Jo" Furgerson, 71, of Clarksville, Tenn., died Sunday, Sept. 17, 2006, at Vanderbilt Medical Center.
She was born June 29, 1935, in Sulphur Springs, Texas, daughter of Vertie V. and Ida G. Davis. She married William "Bill" Furgerson, who preceded her in death.
Mrs. Furgerson was a receptionist for Crye-Leike Realtors. She was a member of Hilldale Church of Christ and Dover Church of Christ.
Survivors include four daughters, Donna Furgerson (Jerry) Barker of Oklahoma City, Okla., K.J. "Kathy" (Russ) Kimmet of Clarksville, Gail (Jimmy) Settle of Clarksville, Jane Furgerson (Kevin) Pugh of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Leona Barclay of Sulphur Springs, and Billie Kear of Winnsboro, Texas; 13 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. today at Neal-Tarpley Funeral Home in Clarksville, and from 10 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Hilldale Church of Christ, with Steve Kirby and Johnny Polk II officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Jimmy Settle, Russ Kimmet, Kevin Pugh, Jerry Barker, Michael Horton, Donald Barker and Bill Long.
Memorial contributions may be made to Dover Church of Christ, 511 Natcor Drive, Dover, Tenn., 37058, or Hilldale Church of Christ, 501 Highway 76, Clarksville, Tenn., 37043.