- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Parents Without Partners releases October calendar
Parents Without Partners recently released its calendar of events for October. For more information, call 335-0797 or e-mail email@example.com.
* 7 to 9 p.m., Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25 -- PWP members will attend line dance lessons at Silver Saddles Country & Western Club, 330 S. Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau. Open to the public. Admisson fee.
* 7 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 6 -- PWP general meeting/orientation at Riverside Regional Library at Union and Adams streets in Jackson. Program is a follow-up to "Passion to Create," given by Bonnie Cochran. Members are asked to bring in something they have made. Cost is free. Open to the public.
* 1 p.m. Oct. 8 -- PWP will sponsor children's bowling at West Park Lanes. Cost is free to members' children and/or 2 grandchildren up to age 18. Meet at the Cape West Bowling Lanes.
* 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 13 -- PWP will hold "Card Mania," an evening of cards and other games at Riverside Regional Library at Union and Adams streets in Jackson. Cost is free. Open to the public.
* Oct. 14 -- PWP will hold an Amigo dinner to welcome new members. Cost is free to new members; current members are asked to bring a covered dish.
* 7 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 20 -- PWP board/orientation meeting at Riverside Regional Library at Union and Adams streets in Jackson. Cost is free. Open to the public.
* 2 p.m. Oct. 22 -- PWP will sponsor a family activity visit to Begg's Pumpkin Patch. Cost is free. Open to the public.
* 8 p.m. to midnight Oct. 28 -- singles dance sponsored by PWP at the VFW Hall in Cape Girardeau. Open to the public. Music by J & K Sound System. Theme: Halloween Dress with costume judging. Cost is discounted to members.