Results from last week's online poll 9/18/06
Monday, September 18, 2006
The SEMO District Fair wrapped up this weekend with a performance by "American Idol" runner up Bo Bice. This year's fair had a plethora of musical talent, highlighted by another former "Idol" star. the Southeast Missourian's online pll asked, "Do you like the music selection slated for this year's SEMO District Fair?" Due to rounding, Percentages may not add up to 100. (369 votes)
* 38 percent: Yes
* 62 percent: No
* "Ronnie Milsap is a good choice."
* "In the 10 years I have lived here in Cape, it is apparent that the SEMO Fair is for senior citizens and country music fans. Other than .38 Special a couple years ago, no live music is for the youth of this area."
* "Not surprising, but the fair isn't exactly known for great line-ups."
* "I do not think it is much bang for the buck."
* "I know it's hard to believe, but not everyone likes country music."
* "A TV-manufactured personality who basically is just a glorified karaoke singer is not a rock band!"
* "Would rather see fewer artists to be able to spend more on a better one."
* "Bo Bice! They should start painting his face on the wall of fame downtown now! I can't believe it! Woohoo!"
* "Too many times it is country singers!"
* "I am from Louisana; you need more cajun music."
* "We wanted to see Bo Bice but c'mon, is he worth $35 just because he has one hit song? We don't think so."
* "Death metal rules man!"
* "Where's the rock 'n' roll around this place?"
* "They need to have some classic rock acts!"
* "When is Mid-Life Crisis going to play?"
* "Cape's got better music downtown on any given Friday than what is at the fair this year."
* "Why must it always be country? Some oldies or soft rock would be nice for a change."
* "Need newer singers with bigger names."
* "Yo bro, get wit tha flow. Get mo rap and add a lil snap. Peace out."
* "Should be more diverse."
* "Didn't even bother going this year. First one I have missed in 11 years."