- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Wilbur Allen McClain, 78, of Mounds died Sunday, Sept. 10, 2006, in Mounds.
He was born Jan. 25, 1928, in Cairo, Ill., son of Thomas Jefferson and Ethel Mae Barnwell McClain. He married Lora Gladys Watson Austin.
McClain was a U.S. Air Force and Navy veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a stepson, Eddie Austin of Mounds; a stepdaughter, Judy Dale of Marion, Ill.; four brothers, Bob McClain of Houston, Texas, Ronnie McClain of Wichita, Kan., Tommy McClain of Missouri, Clyde McClain of Fort Wayne, Ind.; three sisters, Martha of Killian, Texas, Juanita Burd of Dongola, Ill., Loretta of Herman, Mo.; five grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
A graveside service will be held at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at Mound City National Cemetery in Mound City, Ill. Full military honors will be conducted by members of Pulaski County VFW Post 8891, American Legion Post 179 of Villa Ridge, Ill., and Cairo VFW Post 2649.
Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge is in charge of arrangements.