- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Letter: Dad-friendly team
To the Editor:
Jess Bolen took the Capahas to the NBC World Series in Wichita, placed 13th out of 42 teams with 15 players and somebody has the nerve to criticize him for letting a dad sit in the dugout?
I couldn't believe what I was reading.
I was in Wichita for those games. I sat in the stands with Bob Gibson as we watched our sons [Levi Olson and Chris Gibson] play a big game, and I can assure you he was there in a "dad" capacity.
Jess Bolen has invited many dads into his dugout over the years, myself included. Well, all I can speculate is this guy must be an old Cubs fan that never got over it.
Cape Girardeau is very, very lucky to have Mary and Jess Bolen. Keep up the good work. Go Capahas!
San Luis Obispo, Calif.