- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
St. Andrew Lutheran Church was the setting May 27, 2006, for the wedding of Lisa Maria Eddings and Kevin Paul Short. The Rev. Paul J. Short, father of the groom, performed the ceremony. Organist was Diann Daume, trumpeter was Dan Berry, violinist was Jake Glaus, all of Cape Girardeau, and keyboardist was Joy Schubert of Jackson. Soloist was Brandon Hahs of Cape Girardeau.
The bride is the daughter of Joyce Eddings of Greeley, Kan., and the late Leon Eddings. The groom is the son of Rev. and Mrs. Paul Short of Cape Girardeau.
Matron of honor was Rebecca Teter of Ottawa, Kan., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Dianna Egidy of Hays, Kan., Laura Hoffman of Garnett, Kan., Jill Gellhaus of Greeley, and Crystal Cocomise of Champaign, Ill.
Justin Short of Springfield, Ill., was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Nathan Short of Springfield, brother of the groom; Paul Augustine of Champaign, Tim Burenga of Litchfield, Ill., and Neil Marten of San Francisco, Calif. Ushers were Scott Teter of Ottawa, brother-in-law of the bride, and Patrick Meier of Hays.
Flower girl was Cheyenne Eddings of Greeley, niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Carston Teter, nephew of the bride.
The reception was held at the Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 26 at River City Yacht Club.
Mrs. Short is a graduate of Allen County Community College. She is employed in sales at Plastic, Granite and Marble Inc. in Champaign.
The groom is a 2001 graduate of the University of Illinois. He is director of construction with Jimmy John's Franchise Inc.
The couple resides in Tolono, Ill.