- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Katie Rose Townsend and Brian Robert Haas were married June 3, 2006, at New McKendree United Methodist Church South Campus Celebration Center. Allen Ladage and John Rice performed the ceremony. Pianist was Linda Thompson and soloist was Erica Beasley, both of Jackson.
Jay and Nancy Townsend of Jackson are parents of the bride. The groom is the son of Mark and Kathy Haas of Jackson.
Bridesmaids were Angela Cornelius of Chicago, Carrie Sparzynski of Sikeston, Mo., Krystin Taylor of Fort Myers, Fla., and Nicole Ray of Cape Girardeau.
Groomsmen were Charlie and Corey Townsend of Jackson, brothers of the bride; David Haas of Springfield, Mo., and Evan Haas of St. Louis, brothers of the groom. Ushers were Brad Mirly of St. Louis and David Barks of Marble Hill, cousin of the bride.
The reception was held at Deerfield Lodge. Servers were Patti Sauerbrun, Rose Ann Barks, and Olga Conchos.
Mrs. Haas received a bachelor of science degree in speech and theater education from Missouri State University in 2005. She is a teacher at Hayden High School in Hayden, Ala.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in cell and molecular biology and a bachelor of arts degree in music from Missouri State University in 2006. He is pursuing a doctorate at the University of Alabama-Birmingham.
After a wedding trip to Jamaica, the couple resides in Birmingham.