- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Joseph Wolsey, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Aug. 31, 2006, at Heartland Care and Rehab in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 1, 1918, in Cape Girardeau, son of Joseph and Minnie Schneeler Wolsey. He and Demova Reed were married in Jonesboro, Ark. She died in June 1992.
Wolsey was a member of Old St. Vincent's Church. He was a 32nd degree Mason of St. Mark's Lodge. Wolsey was a journeyman for five different trade unions. He was a member of Cape Girardeau Stock Car Association and from 1966 to 1970 served on its board of directors. Wolsey was a member of the SEMO District Fair Association from 1963 to the present. He was employed for 10 years by the city of Cape Girardeau as park superintendant, retiring in 1986.
Survivors include three sons, Thomas Wolsey, Terry Wolsey, both of Cape Girardeau and Jerry Wolsey of Chaffee; eight grandchildren; eight great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg St. Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday. Masonic services will be conducted at 7 p.m.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. The Rev. Tom Kiefer of St. Mary's Cathedral will officiate.
Burial will be at Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.