- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Hayden Nicholas Thomas Trankler-Melton was stillborn Thursday, Aug. 31, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau. He was the son of Natalie Faye Trankler and Nicholas "Aaron" Melton of Jackson.
Survivors of the maternal family include two grandparents, Frank and Debbie Trankler of Jackson; an uncle, Lance (Samantha) Trankler of Jackson; two great-grandmothers, Agnes Trankler of Oran, Mo., and Alma Bock of Jackson; and a great-great-grandmother, Ruby Bock of Jackson.
Survivors of the paternal family include two grandparents, Ace and Angie Melton of Columbia, La.; an uncle, Shannon Melton of Rose Pine, La.; two aunts, Christy (Bobby) Hatten and Kim (Carl) Cornwell of Columbia; and a great-grandmother, Vicki Guerrero of Columbia.
He was preceded in death by two maternal great-grandfathers, Chris Trankler and Don Bock; three maternal great-great-grandparents, Alvin Bock, Ben and Frieda Schweer; a paternal great-grandfather, Frank Guerrero; and two paternal great-great grandparents, Luther and Tennie Melton.
Friends may call Tuesday after 11 a.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
Funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Sam Roethemeyer officiating.
Burial will follow in Babyland at Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Pallbearers will be Hayden's father, Aaron, and maternal uncle, Lance.
Memorials may be made to the family. Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome com.