- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Paul Erwin Stewart, 20, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2006, in a motorcycle accident on State Highway W in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 19, 1985, in Cape Girardeau, son of Mark Stewart and Lizabeth Boone. He and Michelle King were married July 24, 2004, in Jackson.
Paul loved the time he had with his son, Tucker, and his wife, Michelle. He attended Cape County Cowboy Church, loved four wheeling, motorcycle riding, bull riding, barbecuing, fishing, hunting, horseshoe pitching, camping and horseback riding.
He worked as a technician at Nordenia Packaging. At Nordenia he was active on the fire brigade, was on the Hazmat Team and was a member of Nordenia's softball team. He also worked at Auffenberg Chrysler detailing cars. He was enrolled at Mineral Area College in pursuit of an associate degree in mechanical engineering.
He is survived by his wife, Michelle Stewart of Cape Girardeau; a son, Tucker Lee Stewart of Cape Girardeau; his father, Mark Stewart of Commerce, Mo.; stepmother, Lisa Stewart of Commerce; paternal grandmother, Juanita Henley and husband Jerry of Cape Girardeau; maternal grandmother, Maurine Stewart of Cape Girardeau; mother-in-law, Roberta LeGrand and husband, Jerry, of Cape Girardeau; a brother-in-law, Ty LeGrand; father-in-law, Mike King of Oak Ridge; a brother, Matthew Stewart of Cape Girardeau; two stepbrothers, William Johnson of Fort Knox, Ky., and Trever Johnson of Commerce.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Lizabeth Boone.
Visitation was at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home Saturday from 4 to 8 p.m.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Matthews officiating. Burial will be in Hobbs Chapel Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to the educational fund for Tucker Lee Stewart, at Edward Jones, 2536 William St., Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.