OAK BROOK, Ill. -- Most of us can't afford the $70,000 price tag on a 23-day trip being offered by the tour operator Abercrombie & Kent. The trip takes you around the globe on a private jet with 48 other travelers to visit nine world wonders.
But the itinerary is worth sharing, as it may inspire you to plan -- or dream about -- your own trip of a lifetime to see one or more of these marvels.
The "Nine World Wonders" itinerary is as follows:
* The pyramids of Tikal, in Guatemala, which are the remains of an ancient Mayan civilization.
* The giant stone monuments on Easter Island.
* Australia's Sydney Opera House.
* The temples and ruins at Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
* Shwedagon Pagoda in Burma, which is plated with solid gold, inlaid with jewels, and surrounded by woodcraft and mosaics.
* The Taj Mahal in India.
* Dubai, where mosques and traditional markets stand side by side with modern skyscrapers, hotels and malls.
* The ancient stone buildings and ruins in the "Lost City" of Petra, Jordan.
* The pyramids of Egypt.
And for those who may be able to afford the trip, visit www.abercrombiekent.com or call 800-554-7094.