- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Zoo introduces 3 new tiger cubs
WASHINGTON -- The National Zoo introduced three Sumatran tiger cubs to the public Saturday, more than three months after they were born.
The cubs, which now weigh about 25 to 30 pounds, were also given names on Saturday after a monthlong contest. The male cub was named Guntur, which means thunder in Bahasa Indonesian.
The two females are Melati and Maharani, which mean jasmine and queen respectively.