- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)12
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
5 killed, 1 injured in boat collision
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Two jet boats collided on Lake Texoma, killing five people and injuring one, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said.
One of the boats struck the other watercraft on the middle of its side, trooper Kera Philippi said. Four people were in one boat and two were in the other, she said.
Other details about the crash and victims, including the condition of the survivor, weren't known. Identities of the victims were witheld pending notification of relatives.
Investigators didn't know whether the victims had been involved in a "poker run" event, in which participants get a playing card at five different stops and win if they have the best poker hand at the end.
Lake Texoma, Oklahoma's second-largest body of water, straddles the Oklahoma-Texas border.