- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)7
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
5 killed, 1 injured in boat collision
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Two jet boats collided on Lake Texoma, killing five people and injuring one, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said.
One of the boats struck the other watercraft on the middle of its side, trooper Kera Philippi said. Four people were in one boat and two were in the other, she said.
Other details about the crash and victims, including the condition of the survivor, weren't known. Identities of the victims were witheld pending notification of relatives.
Investigators didn't know whether the victims had been involved in a "poker run" event, in which participants get a playing card at five different stops and win if they have the best poker hand at the end.
Lake Texoma, Oklahoma's second-largest body of water, straddles the Oklahoma-Texas border.