- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
5 killed, 1 injured in boat collision
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Two jet boats collided on Lake Texoma, killing five people and injuring one, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said.
One of the boats struck the other watercraft on the middle of its side, trooper Kera Philippi said. Four people were in one boat and two were in the other, she said.
Other details about the crash and victims, including the condition of the survivor, weren't known. Identities of the victims were witheld pending notification of relatives.
Investigators didn't know whether the victims had been involved in a "poker run" event, in which participants get a playing card at five different stops and win if they have the best poker hand at the end.
Lake Texoma, Oklahoma's second-largest body of water, straddles the Oklahoma-Texas border.