- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
5 killed, 1 injured in boat collision
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Two jet boats collided on Lake Texoma, killing five people and injuring one, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said.
One of the boats struck the other watercraft on the middle of its side, trooper Kera Philippi said. Four people were in one boat and two were in the other, she said.
Other details about the crash and victims, including the condition of the survivor, weren't known. Identities of the victims were witheld pending notification of relatives.
Investigators didn't know whether the victims had been involved in a "poker run" event, in which participants get a playing card at five different stops and win if they have the best poker hand at the end.
Lake Texoma, Oklahoma's second-largest body of water, straddles the Oklahoma-Texas border.