- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Edna Lorene Sheffer, 83, of Anna died Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2006, at the City Care Center in Anna.
She was born Jan. 5, 1923, at Dongola, Ill., daughter of Alphaeus C. and Clara Wilson.
Sheffer graduated as a registered nurse from the Shawnee College School of Nursing. She worked as a nurse at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau, St. Mary's Hospital in Cairo, Ill., City Care Center and In the Pink Home Health Care.
She was a member of the Anna Heights Baptist Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Dixie Miller of Anna, Marilyn Neislein of Rockwood, Ill.; two sons, Rodger Sheffer of Anna, and Steven Sheffer of Rockwood; seven grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two sisters, four brothers and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home. The Revs. Gene Hart and Verlee Eaker will officiate, with interment in the American Legion Cemetery in Dongola.