- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ORAN, Mo. -- Marcella Helen Schlitt died at 12:16 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 31, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 5, 1920, at Kelso, Mo., daughter of George and Katie Glueck Scherer. She married Leon T. Schlitt May 4, 1949, in New Hamburg, Mo. He died Jan. 23, 1979.
Mrs. Schlitt was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran and its St. Ann's Sodality, Oran Knights of Columbus KCette and Sikeston Eagles Auxiliary.
Survivors include two sons and a daughter-in-law, Ken Schlitt, Don (Debbie) Schlitt, all of Oran; a daughter and son-in-law, Jolene (Sam) Felter of Benton, Mo.; a brother, Cletus L. Scherer of Benton; a sister, Armella McClain of Kelso; nine grandchildren; Lee (Kim) Schlitt of Cape Girardeau, Douglas Felter of Bettendorf, Iowa, Michelle and Laura Felter of Benton, Jake and Ashton Schlitt of Portageville, Mo., Tyler, Brooke and Blake Schlitt of Oran; and a special friend, Simon Bisher of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by three brothers, Theon and Tony Scherer and Ben Millering; five sisters, Colletta Menz, Caroline Robert, Alma Heuring, Peggy Heisserer and Irmina Scherer.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran. Guardian Angel Church will have a prayer service at 7, followed by a Knights of Columbus service.
The funeral will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 2, at Guardian Angel Church, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in Guardian Angel Cemetery.