- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Sylvia Violet Seib, 93, of Poplar Bluff, Mo., died Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2006, at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center.
She was born July 4, 1913, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of John and Mary "Mae" Hopper Caraker. She and Austin Henry Seib were married Oct. 10, 1932, in Cape Girardeau. He died Jan. 25, 1982.
They moved from Cape Girardeau to Charleston, Mo., in 1940, where they owned and operated the Super Cut Rate Drug Store until 1958. She became a licensed practical nurse in 1954. The family moved to Poplar Bluff in 1958 where she worked for a time at the Veterans Administration Hospital, and for more than 20 years at Lucy Lee Hospital. She was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Poplar Bluff.
Survivors include two daughters, Mary Sue Beis and Rose Mary Scobey of Poplar Bluff; two sons, Richard Seib of Dallas, Texas, and Chris Seib of St. Louis; a sister, Geraldine Schlosser of Sikeston, Mo.; a brother, Charles Caraker of Pana, Ill.; 18 grandchildren; and 19 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two daughters and a son.
A Mass of Christian burial will begin at 11 a.m. Friday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, with Monsignor Michael Swalina officiating. Burial will be in Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery.
Cotrell Funeral Service of Poplar Bluff is in charge of arrangements.