- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Robert Joe Hawn, 70, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2006, at his home.
He was born Feb. 29, 1936, in East St. Louis, Ill., son of Pete and June Cruse Hawn. He and Diane M. Talley were married Nov. 26, 1959, in Cape Girardeau.
Hawn was a grocer 25 years for Mayhew Grocery and Kroger. He also worked for Wetterau Inc. in Scott City and Fleming Co. (formerly Malone and Hyde) in Sikeston, Mo. He retired in 1998.
He was a member of First Christian Church.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Ty Hawn of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Shelly (Aaron) Weatherholt of Springfield, Ill., Jill (Greg) Hall of Herrin, Ill.; six grandchildren, Trae Cotner and Joseph Cotner of Springfield, Allyson Hall, Sarah Hall and Ryan Hall of Herrin, and Chelsea Hawn of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at First Christian Church, with the Rev. Rodger Kiepe officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society, Southeast Hospice, or First Christian Church.