- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Catherine Yuvonne Hale, 81, of Jonesboro died at 2:15 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2006, at Union County Hospital.
She was born Oct. 7, 1924, in Effingham, Ill., daughter of William Alva and Gladys Irene Hummel Cain. She married Leland F. "Jake" Hale June 25, 1945, in Anna. He preceded her in death May 3, 1998.
She was a member of Beech Grove Baptist Church.
She is survived by three sons, Harold Hale of Cape Girardeau, Daryl Hale of New Madrid, Mo., Warren Hale of Roswell, Ga.; five grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; a brother, Gerald Cain of Anna; a sister, Mary Stewart of Buncombe, Ill.; several nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; two sisters, Helen Russell and Thelma Clendenin; and a brother, Earl Cain.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating. Interment will be in Anna City Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Beech Grove Baptist Church or First Baptist Church of Jonesboro. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.