- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
THEBES, Ill. -- Richard Clutts, 89, of Thebes died Monday, Aug. 28, 2006, at his home.
He was born May 7, 1917, in Thebes, son of Harry Vernell and Clara Murphy Clutts. He and Thelma Farris were married April 27, 1940. She died March 20, 1996.
Mr. Clutts was a chief engineer with a tow boat company. He was also a cattle farmer and loved to garden.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard, and was a motor machinist mate 1st class when discharged.
Survivors include a son, John Clutts and his fiancee Hope Rader of Thebes; nieces, nephews, and other relatives and friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; a daughter, Janet Clutts Jan. 18, 2004; two brothers, Howard and Dan Clutts; and three sisters, Lucille, Vertis and Jenny Caroline.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Carl D. Fisher officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery at Thebes.