- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Oran chiefs have different styles
To the editor:
Once again the Oran police chief is in the paper bringing up the way the town was run before he arrived. How many times is he going to beat that horse? How many times has the former chief been in the paper criticizing this new method? None, and he has had the chance. Chief Marc Tragesser was not here when my grandpa was working and does not know anything about what he did on a regular basis, so how can he compare their two methods of law enforcement?
Tragesser goes on about the way it was and acts like it was the wrong way of doing things and that my grandpa never did anything in all those years and that his way is so much better. How come I have never heard him criticize the mayor or city council members for allowing it to go on for so long? Is it that maybe there is more than one way to do a job and Tragesser is trying to put my grandpa's method down so he looks better?
The fact is, the approach to their job is totally different. I think someone should focus more on doing his job now and leave well enough alone, because the former chief, his family and friends are tired of picking up the paper and seeing his name or method being mentioned in the same sentence as the chief we have now.
MICHAEL STEVENS, Oran, Mo.