- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Oran chiefs have different styles
To the editor:
Once again the Oran police chief is in the paper bringing up the way the town was run before he arrived. How many times is he going to beat that horse? How many times has the former chief been in the paper criticizing this new method? None, and he has had the chance. Chief Marc Tragesser was not here when my grandpa was working and does not know anything about what he did on a regular basis, so how can he compare their two methods of law enforcement?
Tragesser goes on about the way it was and acts like it was the wrong way of doing things and that my grandpa never did anything in all those years and that his way is so much better. How come I have never heard him criticize the mayor or city council members for allowing it to go on for so long? Is it that maybe there is more than one way to do a job and Tragesser is trying to put my grandpa's method down so he looks better?
The fact is, the approach to their job is totally different. I think someone should focus more on doing his job now and leave well enough alone, because the former chief, his family and friends are tired of picking up the paper and seeing his name or method being mentioned in the same sentence as the chief we have now.
MICHAEL STEVENS, Oran, Mo.