- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Battle for No. 3 quarterback spot continues
ST. LOUIS -- Ryan Fitzpatrick and Dave Ragone are down to their last opportunities to make favorable impressions in the battle for the No. 3 quarterback job for the St. Louis Rams.
The Rams (1-2) travel to Miami (1-2) on Thursday for their final preseason game.
Coach Scott Linehan on Tuesday was still deciding if starting quarterback Marc Bulger or backup Gus Frerotte would play at all against the Dolphins. Other starters are expected to see limited duty,.
So the game will be largely to decide which backups earn roster spots. The Rams must trim 22 players to get down to the NFL regular-season limit of 53 by Saturday.
"Our No. 3 quarterback certainly will be getting a lot of attention and it should because it's been a heck of a battle," Linehan said.