- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Opal A. Swink, 81, of Anna died Thursday, Aug. 7, 2003, at Jonesboro Healthcare Center.
She was born May 19, 1922, in Alto Pass, Ill., daughter of Willis A. and Clara Allen. She and Floyd J. Swink were married March 8, 1940, in Mayfield, Ky. He died Aug. 21, 1974.
Swink worked at a shoe factory 31 years.
Survivors include a daughter, Linda Craig of Anna; two sisters, Marjorie Bittle of Cobden, Ill., Vivian Smith of Johnson City, Ill.; six grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro, Ill., after 12 Monday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.