- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
John "Lucky" Allgood, 79, of Cape Girardeau passed away Thursday, Aug. 7, 2003, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born June 23, 1924, at Lutesville, Mo., son of Dewy and Bessie Hahn Allgood. He and Rosemary Hohler were married April 10, 1947.
John enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps Dec. 28, 1941. He saw active duty as an aircraft mechanic in the Pacific with the Fourth Marine Air Wing Fighter Squadron. During his term of service he was also stationed in Hawaii, the Marshall Islands, and New Hebrides. John was honorably discharged Oct. 2, 1945. To further serve his country he enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve for six additional years.
He was a heavy equipment operator 35 years and worked on many of the large buildings in the Cape Girardeau area. He was of the Lutheran denomination, member of VFW Post 3838 and Operating Engineers Local 513, and served on the Cape County Park Board.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Chris Welland and Cathy Blackwell of Cape Girardeau, Janice Wagoner of Mt. Juliet, Tenn.; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Raymond McAfee officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park, with military rites by VFW Honor Guard and U.S. Marine Corps.
Pallbearers are John Hohler, John Blackwell, Brad Wagoner, Randy Welland, Greg Seesing, Jeff Seesing, Brandon Wagoner and Tyler Blackwell. Honorary pallbearers are Dane Miller, Mitch Miller, Tim Miller, Blake Miller, and Gabe Miller.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to the Alzheimer's Association.