- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Joan Gardner, 72, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Aug. 16, 2006, at her home.
She was born Aug. 29, 1933, in Kewanee, Mo., daughter of Elmer and Camille Lands Chadd. She married Roy Gardner, who preceded her in death.
Survivors include a son, Mike Gardner of Sikeston; four daughters, Betty Croney, Gloria "Sissy" Gardner and Lois Dirickson, all of Sikeston, Yvonne Gross of Jackson; four brothers, J.D. and Jim Chadd of Sikeston, Jerry Chadd of O'Fallon, Mo., Tom Chadd of Lilbourn, Mo.; three sisters, Doris Skelton and Wanda Kennedy of Sikeston, Glenda Chadd of Cape Girardeau; three stepchildren, Leroy and Ray Gardner, Linda Ramsey; eight grandchildren; several stepgrandchildren and great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a sister and four brothers.
Visitation will be today from 5 to 8 p.m. at Ponder Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ron Tate officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.