- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Merrill Pair, 86, of Marble Hill died Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2006, at his home.
He was born June 1, 1920, at Marquand, Mo., son of Grover and Delia Cobb Pair. He and Pearl Looney Bucholtz were married July 24, 1952.
Pair had worked for Tennessee Valley Sand and Gravel.
He served with the U.S. Army in the Asiatic Theater during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two stepsons, Russell and Floyd Bucholtz; five stepgrandchildren; and eight great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Hutchings Funeral Chapel.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Gene Robbins officiating. Burial will be in Grassy Friendship Cemetery.