- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Tired of speeders on Highway 177
To the editor:
This is what I'm getting tired of every morning: I travel Highway 177 every morning. I'm getting tired of Procter & Gamble employees driving way too fast on that highway. They pass me going way over the speed limit. I think there should be a police car to travel that highway every morning between 5 and 7 a.m. The speeders think they are on a racetrack. One of these days somebody will get killed. It must be stopped.
OWEN DODD, Thebes, Ill.