- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Lora Ellen Massey, 86, of Advance died Sunday, Aug. 13, 2006, at Puxico Nursing and Rehab Center in Puxico, Mo.
She was born March 12, 1920, at Zalma, daughter of Ed and Sadie Shell Hendrix. She and Arch Massey were married Aug. 20, 1937, at Greenbrier, Mo. He died Feb. 4, 1987.
Survivors include two sons, Lonnie Massey of Sedgewickville, Mo., Rick Massey of Advance; three daughters, Ella Dunning of Puxico, Wynona Massey of Advance, Patricia Maurer of Lawrenceburg, Va.; two sisters, Juanita Laramie of St. Louis, Mildred Ladd of Advance; 11 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by an infant son, four brothers, four sisters and three half sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Gary Cooper and Wayne Burchett officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.