- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Learning briefs 8/15/06
Niswonger receives U of Missouri scholarship
Kelli Niswonger of Jackson received the Marilyn Lacey McMullen Scholarship from the College of Education at the University of Missouri-Columbia. A 2002 graduate of Jackson High School, she is the daughter of Ron and Ruth Niswonger.
Robbins receives dean's scholarship for 2006-'07
David Robbins of Cape Girardeau has been awarded the Dean's Scholarship at St. Louis College of Pharmacy for the 2006-2007 school year. A 2006 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School, he is the son of Eric and Cathy Robbins.
Two Delta students attend Girls State
Delta High School student Whitney Schreckenberg and Jackson High School student Sarah Martin attended Girls State this summer. Schreckenberg is the daughter of Virgil and Carolyn Schreckenberg. Martin is the daughter of Rick and Donna Martin.
-- From staff reports