- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
COBDEN, Ill. -- Gary A. Burgener, 42, of Cairo, Ill., formerly of Cincinnati, Ohio, died Saturday, Aug. 12, 2006, at City Care Center in Cobden.
He was born Jan. 25, 1964, in Cincinnati, son of William and Delois Williams Burgener.
Burgener was an artist, who specialized in portrait painting.
Survivors include his parents, William and Delois Burgener of Thebes and a brother, Bill Burgener and wife, Diane, of Dupo, Ill.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.
Crain Funeral Home of Tamms, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.