- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
People on the move 08/14/06
Big River Telephone hires three employees
Big River Telephone, a local telecommunications provider based in Cape Girardeau, has announced the addition of three employees. Meredith Musgraves of Jackson has joined as a business analyst. Musgraves graduated from Southeast Missouri State University in May 2006 with a bachelor's business administration with an emphasis in finance. She is specializing in the analysis and assurance of revenue along with in house operations of Big River Telephone. Chris Robbins of Cape Girardeau has joined as part of the network support team. He provides outside service and support for the network operations. Robbins joins Big River Telephone with many years of practical field experience from his time spent in the service. Jennifer VanGennip of Cape Girardeau will be the marketing coordinator working from the Cape Girardeau. VanGennip graduated from Southeast Missouri State University in May with a bachelor's degree in mass communication with emphasis in advertising.
Independent consultant attends conference
BeautiControl Independent Consultant Elissa Miller of Tamms, Ill., recently returned home from BeautiControl's annual convention in Dallas. The convention featured new product introductions, onstage recognition, business-building tools, training and programs. Consultants received news about the latest at-home spa-quality skin care treatments. BeautiControl is an international direct-sales company.
-- From staff reports