- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Community briefs 8/14/06
Southeast Missouri Pachyderm Club to meet
The Southeast Missouri Pachyderm Club will meet Thursday at Dexter Barbecue in Cape Girardeau, beginning with a meal at 6:15 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m. and a guest speaker to follow.
Neighborhood group meets Thursday
The Neighborhood Connections group will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at 101 N. Fountain St. to discuss its Wall of Fame and second annual Downtown Neighborhood Connection picnic with live music. Details will be published in the Southeast Missourian. Everyone is invited to come to the meeting. For more information, call 651-4567.
Jackson Hosiery Mill reunion at Delmonico's
The 21st annual Jackson Hosiery Mill reunion will be from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 26 at Delmonico's in Jackson. For more information, call 243-4951.
Free booth space available at yard sale
Yard sale planned along Highway 61
Stretching for 61 miles from Fruitland to Bloomsdale, Mo., the 61 Mile Yard Sale will be held Sept. 1 and 2 on U.S. 61. Visit 61yardsale.com or call (800) 904-6161.
Labor Day pageant set for Sept. 2 in Paducah
The Mr. and Miss Labor Day Pageant begins at 1 p.m. Sept. 2 at the Executive Inn in Paducah, Ky. There will be two age divisions for boys and seven age groups for girls. For more information, call Becky Lawson at (270) 898-6111 or Judy Connor at (270) 898-7511.
Banquet planned for Oak Ridge alumni
The Oak Ridge R-6 Alumni Banquet will be held Nov. 4 in the Oak Ridge School Cafeteria. Alumni who may have moved or did not receive a postcard about the details should mail information including name (maiden important for married women) and current address to the Oak Ridge School, 1498 Route E, Oak Ridge, Mo. 63769; or to Anita Hahs, 5196 Route B, Oak Ridge, Mo. 63769, to receive notification this year.
-- From staff reports