- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Vancils celebrate 50th anniversary
Mr. and Mrs. Orval Vancil of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Aug. 6, 2006.
Vancil and Marilyn Frick were married Aug. 5, 1956, at Anna Heights Baptist Church in Anna, Ill. The late Rev. Archie Grigg performed the ceremony.
Their attendants were the late Pauline and Howard Bittle, sister and brother-in-law of the bride.
The couple has three sons, Rodney and Leigh Vancil of Owensboro, Ky., and children, Nicholas, Griffin and Olivia; Doug and Terri Vancil of Greensboro, N.C., and children, Rozanna and Taylor; and Danny Vancil of Atlanta, Ga.