- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Vancils celebrate 50th anniversary
Mr. and Mrs. Orval Vancil of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary Aug. 6, 2006.
Vancil and Marilyn Frick were married Aug. 5, 1956, at Anna Heights Baptist Church in Anna, Ill. The late Rev. Archie Grigg performed the ceremony.
Their attendants were the late Pauline and Howard Bittle, sister and brother-in-law of the bride.
The couple has three sons, Rodney and Leigh Vancil of Owensboro, Ky., and children, Nicholas, Griffin and Olivia; Doug and Terri Vancil of Greensboro, N.C., and children, Rozanna and Taylor; and Danny Vancil of Atlanta, Ga.