- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Burns of Bakersfield, Calif., announce the engagement of their daughter, Alexis M. Burns, to Kyle D. Todt. He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Todt of Cape Girardeau.
Burns is a 1996 graduate of Bakersfield West High School. She received an associate's degree in business and accounting from Santa Barbara Business College. She is a realtor with Remax Golden Empire in Bakersfield.
Todt is a 1997 graduate of Central High School. He received a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Missouri-Rolla. He is an operations manager with Chevron in Bakersfield.
A Sept. 23 wedding is planned at the Noriega House in Bakersfield.