- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Area sports digest 8/9/06
BBQ to benefit several Southeast programs
The Southeast Missouri State men's basketball team, women's tennis team and men's and women's track teams will receive a donation for the majority of sales at a barbecue fundraiser Aug. 17 through 19 at the Country Mart in Jackson.
It will be the fifth annual Country Mart Barbecue, with sales from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. all three days in the parking lot in front of Country Mart.
Coaches and athletes from the teams will join with the staff at Country Mart to prepare and sell the barbecue that can be for carry-out or dining at the site.
Among the items available are side of ribs for $11.99, whole barbecue chicken for $4.99, pork steak for $2.50, Johnsonville Brat for $1.25, barbecue sandwich for $1.25 and turkey drumstrick for $2.50.
Pre-orders for ribs, whole chickens and pork steaks can be made for pick-up Aug. 16 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. To pre-order, call Country Mart at 243-8171 or the Southeast basketball office at 651-5030.
Jackson football team plans Gatorade game
The Jackson High School football program will play a Gatorade game 6 p.m. Aug. 18 at the high school field.
Admission for the event is a bottle of Gatorade.
Football registration set for Thursday night
The Southeast Youth Sports Club will have registration for a fourth- and fifth-grade traveling football team at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Capaha Park.
--From staff reports