- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Gilberte France Malone, 84, of Dixon, Ill., died Friday, Aug. 4, 2006, at her home.
She was born Oct. 22, 1921, in Boutiers St. Trojan, France, daughter of James and France Barrit Merzereau. She and Henry E. Malone were married April 5, 1973, in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Malone lived in Gale, Ill., 20 years, and then in the Cape Girardeau and Scott City area 10 years before moving to Dixon. She had been a sales clerk at Montgomery Ward and Dollar General.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Rose-Noelle, wife of Patrick Delavaud of Bretteville sur Odon, France; a sister, Jeannine, wife of Robert Surault of Poitiers, France; two granddaughters, Sophie (Kevin) Emery of Festus, Mo., Michelle (Bob) Spinden of Dixon; four great-grandchildren, Tiffany and Cody Roberts of Festus, and Kelson and Jackson Spinden of Dixon.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. today at Lindsey Cemetery in McClure, Ill. The Rev. Jim Cooper will officiate.
Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be made to Hospice of Rock River Valley, 264 Illinois Route 2, Dixon, Ill., 61201.