- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Learning briefs 8/8/06
* Southeast Missouri State University student Allison Rahe of Waterloo, Ill., and Cape Girardeau Central High School 2006 graduates Austin Johnson and Amber Lusk received scholarships from the Jacksonian Chapter of the American Business Women's Association. Johnson is the son of Ken and Carolyn Johnson. Lusk is the daughter of Larry and Carolyn Lusk.
* Jennifer Barrett, a 2006 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School, has been awarded the John W. Carr scholarship and the recognition scholarship to attend Murray State University in Kentucky. She is the daughter of Brian and JoAnn Barrett of Marble Hill, Mo.
Seyer select as 'Best Teacher'
Nancy Seyer, first-grade teacher at Immaculate Conception School in Jackson, was recently selected as one of the "Heartland's Best Teachers" by KFVS 12.
-- From staff reports