- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council action 8/8/06
Held a public hearing regarding the request of Southeast Missouri Hospital Association to rezone a 33.86-acre tract in the 700 and 800 blocks of South Mount Auburn Road from R-1, Single-Family Residential District, and C-2, General Commercial District, to C-2, General Commercial District.
* Held a public hearing regarding the property tax rates proposed to be set by the city of Cape Girardeau for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2006, and the real property tax rate proposed to be set for the Special Business District No. 2 for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2006.
* Granted a special-use permit to Westside Investments for purposes of constructing, maintaining and operating a convenience store with gasoline pumps at the northwest corner of Lexington Avenue and Perryville Road.
* Authorized the mayor to execute a quit claim deed to the Board of Regents for Southeast Missouri State University for real property located in Cape Girardeau.
* Approved and adopted the final schematic plan for the River Campus Project.
* Accepted various easements and a special warranty deed from Drury Land Development for Kell Farm Drive improvements from Richmond Drive to Arnold Drive.
* Accepted a water line and fire hydrant easement from Silver Springs Office Buildings for the Silver Springs Medical Center.
* Approved the record plat of Gail Oaks Subdivision.
* Changed the zoning of a portion of South Mount Auburn Road from R-1 and C-2 to C-2.
* Provided for the levying of the annual city revenue tax; library fund tax; public health tax; Special Business District No. 2 tax; for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007.
* Authorized the acquisition of property for the installation of a sanitary sewer line along Bloomfield Road.
* Authorized the acquisition of property for the improvement of Fountain Street between Morgan Oak and William streets.
* Readopted Sections 2-76 to 2-83 of the city code relating to conflicts of interest.
* Appropriated monies for operating expenditures and capital expenditures from the Convention and Tourism Fund for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007.
* Approved the record plat of Spanish Street Condominiums Plat No. 2.
* Accepted a grant of easement from Dalhousie for sanitary sewer improvements to serve The Highlands at Dalhousie Phase III.
* Accepted a grant of easement from North Point Center for the Cape North Park Trail.
* Approved the record plat of Ashland Court Fourth Addition.
* Authorized an escrow agreement with Semo Land and Montgomery Bank for Ashland Courts Phase IV Subdivision.
* Approved three amendments to the zoning ordinance relating to sign regulations.
* Authorized an agreement with GovDeals for disposition of city property.
* Acknowledged receipt of an annexation petition from Judy A. Koch, trustee of the Judy Ann (Throckmorton) Koch Revocable Trust Agreement of Jan. 10, 1997; John C. Tlapek, trustee of the John C. Tlapek Revocable Trust U/A dated May 26, 1995; R. A. Miller and Priscilla S. Miller; J. Marshall Jung and Elizabeth T. Jung; Donald E. Edwards and Charlotte A. Edwards; John P. Hall and Jerre A. Hall, trustees of the Jerre A. Hall Revocable Trust dated Jan. 31, 2001; Carl Nelson Ringer and Rita Jane Ringer; Jerry L. Kinder and Jeri L. Kinder; and Charles Patrick Godwin and Nancy K. Godwin, and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexation.
* Acknowledged receipt of an annexation petition from the Larry Edward Frankum Revocable Trust dated May 23, 2001, and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexation.
* Authorized the city manager to execute an agreement for planning services with Arcturis for development of a comprehensive plan.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a license and indemnity agreement with Kenneth Story and Stacy Story for storm water improvements at 2127 Peachtree Drive.
* Made appointments to Cable Television Advisory Committee, Public Library Board, Historic Preservation Commission and the Airport Advisory Board.
* Approved eight temporary liquor licenses for the SEMO District Fair Association for an event to be held Sept. 9 to 16 in Arena Park.
* Granted conditional approval of a 5 percent beer by the drink liquor license for Pizza Hut, 820 N. Sprigg St. Units 3 and 4, Joseph M. Ewers, managing officer.
* Accepted the improvements to Fire Station No. 4 and authorizing final payment to Zoellner Construction.
* Accepted into the city's system the sanitary sewer improvements for Country Place Estates Subdivision.
* Discussed proposed amendments to the zoning ordinance relating to sign regulations.