- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jackson Board of Aldermen action items 8/8/06
Held a hearing to allow public input on the preliminary plans relative to the Oak Street recreation trail project.
* Held a hearing to consider the rezoning of 22.53 acres of property, known as a portion of the future JIDC Subdivision, from R-1 district to I-2 district as submitted by the Jackson Industrial Development Co.
* Held a hearing to consider a special-use permit request for temporary mobile office facility in a C-2 district at 2999 E. Jackson Blvd. as submitted by Wood and Huston Bank.
Power and light committee
* Changed the Board of Aldermen regular meeting from Oct. 2 to Oct. 9 due to the Missouri Municipal League's annual conference.
* Set the annual fall clean-up/fix-up days for the week of Oct. 2 through Oct. 6.
* Set a public hearing at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21 to allow public input relative to the 2006 electric rate study.
* Accepted the dedication of sanitary sewer easement deeds from Douglas and Renee Hesselrode; and Robert and Betty Bach regarding the Williams Creek interceptor sewer project.
* Approved the rezoning of 22.53 acres of property, known as a portion of the future JIDC Subdivision, from R-1 district to I-2 district as submitted by the Jackson Industrial Development Co.
* Approved a special-use permit for a temporary mobile office facility at 2999 E. Jackson Blvd. as submitted by Wood and Huston Bank.
* Approved the voluntary annexation of 4.5 acres of property along Harmony Lane and Zschille Road (known as a part of Terrace Park Estates Subdivision) as submitted by Donkers Inc.
* Authorized an annexation agreement with William and Crystal Dorris regarding the voluntary annexation of 1.35 acres of property addressed as 4020 Bainbridge Road.
* Approved the voluntary annexation of 1.35 acres of property addressed as 4020 Bainbridge Road as submitted by William and Crystal Dorris.
* Accepted the dedication of a Bainbridge Road right of way deed of dedication from Timothy and Michelle Welker.
* Accepted the dedication of a quit claim deed for 0.075 acres of property at the corner of West Jackson Boulevard and Maple Drive from the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission regarding the West Jackson Boulevard four-lane parkway improvement project, phase 1.
* Added a stop designation on Dotty Lane.
* Repealed and added prohibited parking designations on South Missouri, West Jefferson and West Madison streets.
* Accepted the dedication of a sewer and utility easement deed from New Generations Church of Jackson Inc. and Ronald McDowell.
* Approved a 5 percent beer by drink license for Jackson Sports Grill at 252 E. Jackson Blvd.
* Approved the final plat of Green Meadows Ninth Subdivision as submitted by Appleton Valley Farm Inc.
* Repealed and established a speed limit designation on South Farmington Road.