- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
U.S. Senate seat hopefuls to appear on 'Meet the Press'
Two contenders for a Missouri U.S. Senate seat will appear on NBC's "Meet the Press" for a debate this fall. Republican U.S. Sen. Jim Talent and his challenger, Democratic candidate Claire McCaskill, will appear on the program Oct. 8, according to a news release from McCaskill's campaign. "It would provide an excellent opportunity to show how the issues being debated in Missouri are reflective of the ongoing national discussion," McCaskill campaign manager Richard Martin said in the release. Debates between the two are also expected in September and October across Missouri.