- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CAIRO, Ill. -- Carla J. Kobler, 76, of Cairo died Wednesday, Aug. 2, 2006, at Daystar Care Center.
She was born Dec. 22, 1929, in Cairo, daughter of Barney and LaVona Blackburn Myers. She married Dr. William M. Kobler Sr.
Kobler was a dental assistant and secretary in her husband's practice in Cairo many years.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Linda Faulkner of Athens, Ala.; two sons, William "Bubba" Kobler of Cairo, Curt Kobler of Memphis, Tenn.; nine grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Visitation is after 5 p.m. today at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Dr. Larry Potts officiating. Burial will be in Mound City National Cemetery.