- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Lawrence Russell Sr.
ANNA, Ill. -- Lawrence Allen Russell Sr., 66, of Anna died Tuesday, Aug. 1, 2006, at his home.
He was born Oct. 8, 1939, at Neelys Landing, son of Troy Allen and Pearlie Fulkerson Russell.
Russell was a truck driver many years and also a security guard. He owned and operated Mid States Security. He was a member of the Eagles Club.
Survivors include three daughters, Nyoka Barnes of Cape Girardeau, Meredith Salvatore of Hollister, Mo., Mary Davis of Huntington, Ind.; three sons, Lawrence Russell Jr. of Cape Girardeau, Rayford Russell of Huntington, Andy Russell of Jackson; a sister, Joann Mackey of Fruitland; fiancee, Elaine Knupp of Anna; 23 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, his parents, three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Don Cox officiating. Burial will be in Mount Zion Cemetery at Scopus, Mo.
Memorials may be made to the family of Lawrence A. Russell Sr.