- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Dorothy Deane King, 83, of Brookings, S.D., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Friday, July 25, 2003, at the United Retirement Center in Brookings from complications of Alzheimer's disease.
She was born Oct. 13, 1919, in Redwood Falls, Minn., daughter of William and Alma Wolverton Russell. She and Donald R. King were married Sept. 4, 1937, in Redwood Falls. He died in August 1985.
The Kings moved to Cape Girardeau in 1968 from Brookings. She was a proofreader at the Southeast Missourian newspaper while living here. She moved back to Redwood Falls in 1985 and to Brookings in 1999.
She was a member of the Church of Christ and the Eene Club.
Survivors include four daughters, Marlene West of Racine, Wis., Carol Walter of Wabasso, Minn., Kathi Granum of Volga, S.D., Patricia Whitfield of Jackson, Miss.; a son, Russell King of Marshalltown, Iowa; a sister, Verna Olson of Watertown, Minn.; a brother, Douglas Russell Sr. of Redwood Falls; 17 grandchildren; 35 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a grandson, a brother and a sister.
The funeral was held July 30 at Redwood Valley Funeral Home in Redwood Falls. Burial was in Redwood Falls Cemetery.
Eidsness Funeral Home in Brookings was in charge of arrangements.