- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
People who knew Danny Staples have reached out
To the editor:
On behalf of the family of my late husband, state Sen. Danny Staples, I want to thank the people of the 20th District and Missouri for their warm outpouring of sympathy, support and good wishes after Danny's recent passing.
The people of Missouri blessed Danny with their support for almost 30 years. He was always appreciative and worked hard to represent their interests in Jefferson City.
We feel Danny has left a legacy of commitment to the people, and those people have reached out and embraced our family with love and comfort.