- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
People who knew Danny Staples have reached out
To the editor:
On behalf of the family of my late husband, state Sen. Danny Staples, I want to thank the people of the 20th District and Missouri for their warm outpouring of sympathy, support and good wishes after Danny's recent passing.
The people of Missouri blessed Danny with their support for almost 30 years. He was always appreciative and worked hard to represent their interests in Jefferson City.
We feel Danny has left a legacy of commitment to the people, and those people have reached out and embraced our family with love and comfort.