- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)12
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
People who knew Danny Staples have reached out
To the editor:
On behalf of the family of my late husband, state Sen. Danny Staples, I want to thank the people of the 20th District and Missouri for their warm outpouring of sympathy, support and good wishes after Danny's recent passing.
The people of Missouri blessed Danny with their support for almost 30 years. He was always appreciative and worked hard to represent their interests in Jefferson City.
We feel Danny has left a legacy of commitment to the people, and those people have reached out and embraced our family with love and comfort.