- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Lloyd Gerald Briggs, 78, of Benton, Ky., died Sunday, July 30, 2006, at his home.
He was the son of Quinton and Marie Bonesock Briggs. He married Juanita Elam.
Briggs was formerly of Chaffee. He was a former judge in Missouri and had been a lawyer with Saladino, Oaks and Schaaf. He was a member of St. Henry's Catholic Church, Knights of Columbus, American Bar Association and Missouri Masonic Lodge.
Survivors include two sons, Paul Briggs of Benton, Ky., Kevin Briggs of Paducah, Ky.; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife, parents, a son, two brothers and a sister.
Private graveside service was held Tuesday at Highland Park Cemetery in Mayfield, Ky. Monsignor George Hancock officiated.
Collier Funeral Home in Benton, Ky., was in charge of arrangements.